Over the past few weeks, I have started a bunch of books. Started.. but not finished. My attention span has been extremely short recently, leading me to want to read a million different things and lacking the discipline to stick with them. So, in hopes that this will trigger my desire to clear my reading plate, I am going to share some of the books I have been reading!
1. Siege and Storm – Leigh Bardugo’s highly anticipated sequel to Shadow and Bone is fantastic! I am 100 pages in (all read on the flight home from Paris) and loving it. I just need to finish a few work books off first..
2. We Need New Names – This story of a young girl from Zimbabwe who moves to America is shocking and endearing all at once. Darling’s narrative has me wanting to hug her pretty much all the time.
3. My Life in France – I didn’t realize just how often I read books either to impress or because I feel I should. Usually I don’t even realize I’m doing it. But My Life in France was the book I gravitated toward after finally unwinding on vacation. I fell in love, but had to put that love aside to finish up a few projects. But Julia, I am coming back for you!
4. Night Film – I have been waiting for this book for months! When it came in today, I literally picked it up and started reading at my desk. A literary thriller about the apparent suicide of the daughter of a horror film director credited for driving viewers insane. The book has snippets from transcripts, internet searches and more littered through the pages. I can’t put it down. I am both intrigued and terrified of where this book is about to go!
5. Eleanor and Park – So many people have fallen head over heels for this lovely book. I read the first 40 pages in the airport before leaving on vacation, but haven’t touched it since. I’m looking forward to getting back into it!
6. The 5th Wave – I am embarrassed by how long this book has taken me to finish. It is fast-paced and exciting, yet life keeps intruding whenever I try to get back into it. It’s a heavier ARC, so I tend not to lug it around with me, and then get too into the one I DO choose to lug around and never pick this one back up.
My goal for the month is to finish all of these fantastic books. I am enjoying them ALL and want to finally bring my “Currently Reading” pile down to a max of two books. It’s doable!
Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments!