This past year, I decided to start writing in a “One Line a Day” journal. Every day, for five years, I will write one line about what made that day special. Sometimes I am so sleepy that all I can scribe is “long day today, curled up with Jay and watched Jeopardy, fell asleep early.” But then there are days that something happens, and stands out. So I thought I would share with you a few of the more special things that have made my every day activities, happy. I think I’ll make this an ongoing post and update it every so often!
- Chasing down a receipt that flew out of a lady’s bag on the subway platform and her being so grateful because she was on her way to return the item in said bag.
- Spending hours on Skype with one of your favourite people in the world, who happens to be on the other side of the world!
- When the bagels at your usual breakfast shop are coming out of the oven as you walk in the door. Bliss!
- Receiving a text from your best friend that reads “hope you don’t think this is creepy, but I made a Pinterest board for your wedding..” Also, seeing the name of the board .. MOH Reporting for Duty. =)
- When you have a crappy day and receive a surprise email from your boyfriend saying “Don’t worry about this. You are one smart chocolate chip cookie!”
Tell me about a few small things that have made your day! Consider this our own little Book of Awesome =).