Time for a reading roundup! This are just a few random stats about my reading year (inspired by a multitude of book bloggers and BookTubers who are doing similar things!)
- I have read 50 books this year! (Provided that I finish the 3 I am in the middle of now.) This is significantly lower than the goal of 80 books that I set in January, but I have definitely learned more about my bookish limitations!
- The longest book I read this year was Night Film by Marisha Pessl, clocking in at 602 pages. Oddly enough, this was also my favourite book of 2013!
- Overall, I read 21% LESS pages this year than I did in 2012. YIKES!
- This year, I fell in love with comics in a big way. I began reading them in the summer and have read a total of 15 graphic novels/ comic books this year! I expect that number to triple in 2014!
- I read a lot out of my comfort zone this year, mostly thanks to work. Helping with projects has introduced me to a wider range of literature that may not have typically been my taste, but that I was interested to encounter nonetheless. There are 5 books on my read list that I would have never, in a million years, picked out to read myself.
- I am PROUD of this one! I know that both gender and ethnic diversity was a huge topic of discussion in the online book world this year, so I dug into my stats a little. This year, I read an EQUAL amount of male and female authors. Though I didn’t break down by ethnicity, I do know that there are many walks of life in this group! I was pretty excited to find my stats as follows: 24 books by men, 24 books by women and 2 books by a joint male and female team!
- I finally read a classic this year! Rebecca is one of my favourite reads of 2013 and I am so so glad I FINALLY pulled it off my shelf and gave the the chance it deserved!
- I finally read Neil Gaiman and Roald Dahl! These two men have been on my to-read pile for YEARS! I’m so glad I finally managed to sit down and read them. Both are wonderful!
These stats have helped me to plan my reading for next year. I say this liberally as I read ..basically whatever I want. BUT, I do have a few goals. Needless to say, I can’t wait :). 2014 is going to be a good year.. I can FEEL it!