How exciting, you guys! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award which helps bloggers both share their favourite blogs and also to gain exposure for themselves. I was nominated by the lovely Lisa over at The Most Happy (thank you, Lisa!!). The award nomination consists of four parts: state 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions which were given to you by your nominator, then nominate 11 people yourself, and finally list the questions that your nominees will answer. So let’s get started!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I dyed my hair black for nearly four years. It took way too much money to get back to a relatively natural colour and over a year to get my full natural colour back, but it was worth it. I had my fun!
2. I carry way too many things with me on a regular basis. Just going to work requires my purse (including all the necessities) and another bag which usually houses two books (what if I finish one, or don’t feel like reading that one?), a scarf or sweater, a notebook, my agenda, my umbrella, food, my travel mug and emergency chocolate. Occasionally I also carry around a change of shoes.
3. My name is spelled with a “y” instead of the usual “a” because my parents loved the name Kelsey and decided a “y” would make me more original.
4. I adore cheese. I ADORE cheese.
5. I would love to adopt an older dog from a rescue shelter someday, one that has had a hard life, and give it all the love possible for as long as I can.
6. It takes me a solid half hour just to get ready for bed. As I get older, facial routines and dental care, all the stuff I didn’t take very seriously as a teenager, become increasingly more important… and more time-consuming!
7. I am known to get really into my music with headphones on and start dancing regardless of where I am. This can get very embarrassing, very quickly.
8. My books can be described as “well loved”. I tend to break spines and jot notes in the margins. But if anyone ELSE decides to do these things to my books, it means war.
9. I still remember most of the words to the Breaker High theme song.
10. I love being “a regular” at a store or restaurant. There is something so comforting about small chat with the staff each time you go in.
11. It takes me less than 2 minutes from when I walk in the front door after work to be in my pjs and slippers.
Answers to Lisa’s Questions:
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
That changed pretty much every year. I think it went from ballerina to painter to back-up hip hop dancer to writer (which lasted the longest) and finally something that enabled me to talk about books all the time.
2. Which historical figure would you have lunch with and why?
Most likely L.M. Montgomery. I’d love to sit out on the porch and have tea with her. (Or preferably coffee if it wasn’t too much to ask, you know.)
3. What item could you never live without?
A book! Or my glasses, which would end up being super awkward for obvious reasons lol.
4. What color is your favorite pair of shoes?
Brown. I’m pretty plain when it comes to footwear.
5. What do you see in your blog’s future?
Nothing spectacular. More just the usual :). My blog has always been an expectation-free zone for me; just a place to chat about books and life as I see it.
6. What book could you read over and over?
Actually, I’m going to say a new one! The Opposite of Loneliness because I haven’t stopped thinking about it since I finished it and it made me feel so alive, so fearless and so full of promise.
7. What’s your favorite season and why?
Every time fall happens, I decide it’s fall, but then when the sun comes out in spring, I melt a little too. It’s hard to choose. Summer nights on a deck, winter walks bundled up in the snow. I love it all.
8. Righty or lefty?
9. Favourite place you’ve visited?
I’m going to cheat and do inside and outside of Canada. Inside Canada is definitely Muskoka. I am a cottage girl through and through. But outside Canada, (though I don’t have a whole lot of places to choose from yet) PARIS! My coworker once said she wasn’t sure how people just lived there casually without their hearts exploding with how beautiful and romantic it can be. Though that may be slightly exaggerating, it does have a bit of truth to it. Paris is absolutely whimsical.
10. Coffee or tea?
Coffee always. I have tried to like tea for years but coffee is my queen.
11. Rain or snow?
Snow! I love walking in the snow.
Since this is already a pretty long post, I will post my nominations and questions tomorrow :). Thank you again Lisa!